Are you not carrying your visa with you and want to visit places in China? The Chinese Government allows visitors who are not having or carrying his/her visa to arrive at certain ports of entry to be admitted to China and stay within a specific area for 72 or 144 hours before leaving the area. The Chinese Government has authorized the TWOV program at specific ports to promote international travel to local industries and business.
In the cities like Shanghai, Jiangsu and Zhejiang this TWOV (Transit without Visa) program is under the 144 hour package and the other cities (mentioned below) are allowing their visitors for 72 hours only without visa.
Cities allowing visitors for 72 hours:
- Shanghai Pudong and Hongqiao airports
To get the temporary visa or to avail the Transit without Visa Program, the visitor should be eligible for the below mentioned points:
- Passport should be available issued by the listed countries like: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Albania, Bosnia, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Qatar, Singapore, South Korea, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, USA, UAE etc.
- Traveler must be arriving at a designated port of entry to China.
- Traveler must have a permit with a confirmed date and the limit that can’t be exceed. For the 144 hour program the departing flight should leave from the ports like Shanghai, Nanjing Lukou Airport, or Hangzhou Xiaoshan Airport but for the 72 hours program the onward flight must depart from the same city of arrival.
- The flight should depart within the limit of 144 or 72 hours.
- One should not leave the specific area where the visa waiver is approved.
While landing in China, ensure you are eligible to show a printed agenda for your withdrawing flight or other transportation ticketed within the 72 or 144 hour span.